Posts tagged facts
I stumbledupon this short video from Gizmodo by CGP Grey which gives us an understanding regarding our favorite beverage, coffee.
When you drink coffee this is what will happen to your brain.
Smokers, did you ever find yourself quitting from your smoking addiction? You need to understand fully what happens to the body when you do smoke. Here’s a timeline about some of the more immediate effects of quitting smoking and how will it affect your body.
* In 20 minutes your blood pressure will drop back down to normal.
* In 8 hours the carbon monoxide (a toxic gas) levels in your blood stream will drop by half, and oxygen levels will return to normal.
* In 48 hours your chance of having a heart attack will have decreased. All nicotine will have left your body. Your sense of taste and smell will return to a normal level.
* In 72 hours your bronchial tubes will relax, and your energy levels will increase.
* In 2 weeks your circulation will increase, and it will continue to improve for the next 10 weeks.
* In three to nine months coughs, wheezing and breathing problems will dissipate as your lung capacity improves by 10%.
* In 1 year your risk of having a heart attack will have dropped by half.
* In 5 years your risk of having a stroke returns to that of a non-smoker.
* In 10 years your risk of lung cancer will have returned to that of a non-smoker.
* In 15 years your risk of heart attack will have returned to that of a non-smoker.