Posts tagged task
As I am strolling around Megamall, I saw different faces, gizmos, and boutiques/booths. I see people checking out new gears and dresses for Christmas. I suddenly realized those things I had this year. This year was about conquering. Conquering the new world full of challenges and seem to be scruffy. As a staff sergeant who’s new on the war field, without any idea when and where he will go. And as you strive hard you will earn merits and recognition for a possible promotion. Academe geared us up for the battle and I am ready to go.
As far as December, I’ve done several things, changed a few, reordered plenty and it was splendid. I came up with a list of what transpired this year.
What happen in 2010?
- I had to choose whether I’ll go to Singapore for a business trip or defending at last stretch my thesis proposal for a title. And obviously I picked, defending my thesis for a Best Thesis title in exchange of Business trip as I am still in the academe. Luckily got two awards, namely Best Presenter and coveted title of all, the Best FAP (Final Academic Project).
- I graduated Bachelor of Science in Information Systems last February.
- Had a job opportunity in one of the leading EDI industry throughout the world.
- Was transfered to a more complicated/difficult department, Financial Services.
- Enrolled in State U for his Information Technology Security.
- Had an amazing set of friends from our bootcamp ’til throughout the whole company.
- Explored Oriental Mindoro, Nasugbu Batangas, Tagaytay, and Boracay.
- Another possible job opportunity in an international company.
- Thrown a surprise party for mom and dad.
I have honestly enjoyed the 2010, those were just hard earned points which I cannot achieve without my parents and as a simple token, I organized gatherings on their special day. It won’t settle this year, but aiming for more on the succeeding years. Staff sergeant is now a rank higher, garnered few merits from his Father Boss. But one thing he misses, I miss the academe, and being a student. For about 20 years of my life, I’m inside the four corner walls with a green board or a white board. Bylaws commanding the multi hectare land surrounded by trees and buildings. By year ahead, I am planning to continue my education and pursue management planning to conquer management positions in few years time. Still undecided were I’ll pursue, but I plan to study Project Management and be certified by next year. Not so long maybe, pursuing MBA is next on my dream school, AIM (Asian Institute of Management). This will be possible with perseverance and no one can beat the grace of our Father Boss. Readers, pray for me as well as what I am asking for you on my birthday.
With those challenging roles and task I am vesting myself, I still need few time to relax and socialize. I had a wonderful travel this past few months as I have gone through different islands of the Philippines. Sadly, I haven’t gone to 7, 100+ islands of my country and I am expecting flights next year. Trip going to Cebu, Bacolod, and Palawan is now on my head. And if I had an opportunity of taking much better monthly slips, this is achievable. I haven’t mention the plan of going to Hong Kong and or Singapore early this year.
Travelling is part of my war games now soon as I have tasted it. As a tech savvy (not a geek ayt?), gadgets is part of my busy life. And if you check out my wishleast blog, there are plenty of gizmos wish I could have this Christmas yet I can’t afford it as of now. This coming year, dreams of catching those gizmos in the wild are my plans. During my trips, I encountered difficulty of taking my girlfriend (yes, my girlfriend Nikki. My Nikon D90) out of danger. So I am going for a kill and would court any snapty cameras out in the market. I also am pretty obsessed with the internet, with a portable tablet will help me resolve my cravings, so I am courting iPad to be with me on my out trips. APad will do else Samsung Galaxy Tablet.
Fully equipped with knowledge, and gizmos now packed for a journey next year. For now, I will get ready for the battle.